Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology driven Data Integration using owl:equival

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 13:52:22 -0500
On 2/7/14 1:16 PM, Andrea Westerinen wrote:
Kingsley, +1 ... Your mapping/bridge/meta ontology is my "integrating ontology".  And, you captured the essence extremely well in your demos.

The keys are:
1.  Creating the mappings
2.  Reasoning with the mappings

Clearly this works over data that is Linked Data or data in ontologies.

Yes! The data in the ontologies can also be constructed using Linked Open Data principles.

I've tried to get this point across for many years, with limited success. Of course, some of this had a lot to do with making the point to the wrong audience. Over here, the subject matter is generally understood the the list membership, which makes republishing live demos a lot more productive etc..

The more we demonstrate what's possible the clearer these matters will become. In my eyes, lack of live demos -- when the subject matter is a World Wide Web that's now enhanced with blogic [1] -- remains the biggest hurdle of all (modulo decoupling RDF and RDF/XML!).

Kingsley