Re: [ontology-summit] [Reusable Content] Characterizing or measuring reu

To: Ontology Summit 2013 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John Yanosy Jr." <jyanosyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 15:00:17 -0600

With regards to Hans comments I agree mostly and as one of the authors of the NCOIC scope I had placed significant discussion oriented on semantic interoperability and ontologies and different context considerations. Regardless I can see that the original context plays a role in defining the intended meaning of the ontology elements, but I might offer a possible relationship between context and the size and connectedness of the ontology model. It may be that smaller ontologies and extracted portions of an ontology may be less dependent on original context. I also think that the more property restrictions might constrain reuse. Yet is there anything wrong in the reuse concept when refining an extracted portion of an ontology.

Best regards,
John A Yanosy Jr
Mobile: 214-336-9875