Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2014: Launch Event - Thu 2014.01.1

To: Ontology Summit 2014 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:28:07 -0800
Thank you for the response, Christi ...    (01)

Ref. the Team M mission - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014_ProgramManagement
I would hope we can have, say, 2 or 3 more co-champions, and between
them, all tasks and responsibilities to organize and produce the
OntologySummit can be discharged.    (02)

(For Christi and anyone else who are considering joing us on the
organizing committee) If you are willing to commit, which we will
deeply appreciate, come to our organizing committee meeting tomorrow
and we can talk more about it - details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014/GettingOrganized#nid43OH    (03)

... the volunteered Summit co-championship role does require quite a
bit (on time commitment and skillset) but is a very gratifying
experience. It's a fairly intense program, rolled out in a fairly
narrow time window; therefore, almost everything has to work right the
first time. Take a look at the basics, logistics and some ground rules
of engagement at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2014/GettingOrganized#nid42AA
...  (if you have not been at previous summits) Take a look, also, the
general OntologySummit process -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2012/Process
(although we may vary a bit, from year to year.)    (04)

Thanks & regards. =ppy