Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology summit hackathon: submission of Ontohub-O

To: Till Mossakowski <Till.Mossakowski@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2013 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ontohub <ontohub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: kenb <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 10:11:29 -0400 (EDT)
The API is currently a REST API and is the same as BioPortal, see:    (01)

http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services    (02)

As you noted, the plan is to specify the repository content using an
ontology.  To this end, BioPortal has been developing a SPARQL endpoint
that is still being tested. It is documented at:    (03)

http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/SPARQL_BioPortal    (04)

When that is completed, it could form the basis for an OOR SPARQL
endpoint.  This should take care of expressing the query method of the API
in terms of an ontology.  However, the rest of the API is in REST (no pun
intended) which is far from being ontology-based.    (05)

To base the rest of the API on an ontology, I analyzed the API and
expressed it in terms of SOAP.  Here is the proposed WSDL for OOR:    (06)

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/kenb/oor/OORService.wsdl    (07)

I also expressed it in terms of Java:    (08)

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/kenb/oor/OORI.java    (09)

One can support both SOAP and REST simultaneously with the same server
using my soaprest package, but this has not yet been done for OOR.    (010)

Moreover, the WSDL is based on an earlier version of BioPortal, so it is
no longer fully compatible with the OOR instances.  However, the WSDL is
reasonably close.    (011)

I hope this helps clarify the situation.  Let me know if you have any
other questions.    (012)

Best regards,    (013)

-- Ken    (014)

  On Wed, 13 Mar 2013, Till Mossakowski wrote:    (015)

> [...]
>> Dear Till, Maria and All,
>>

>> Further to our Mar-5 Hackathon-Clinics proposal preparation confcall ...
>> ref.http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2013-03/msg00005.html#nid07
>>
>> Along the line of the "Ontology Evaluation Tool and Ontology
>> Repository integration," we did talk another possible "OOR-OOPS!"
>> project.
>>
>> I discussed with KenBaclawski and MikeDean on the possibilities of either:
>>
>> (1) work a proposal, aiming mainly towards developing the API that
>> will allow services like OOPS! to be integrated with OOR and Ontohub
>> (since they supposedly share the same architecture) ... or,
>>
>> (2)  forgo the submission of another proposal, but instead, suggest
>> that we incorporate the above goal into the two proposals that are
>> already in - namely, the OOR-KEEPER & Ontohub-OOPS! proposals - ref.
>>
>http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2013_Hackathon_Clinics#nid3O5I
>>
>> Our consensus was to go with (2).
>>
>> What do you think? .Till, Maria and All
>> ... attn: principals in featured ontology evaluation tools and
>> ontology repositories, please chime in. You are most welcome to join
>> in this API development hack (please indicate interest!)
>>

>> Regards. =ppy
>> --
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Till Mossakowski
>> <Till.Mossakowski@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Dear Peter, Mike,
>>>
>>> please find below the submission of the Ontohub-OOPS! Integration proposal
>>> for the hackathon. Do you need a PDF, or can the ASCII text below directly
>>> be copied into the Wiki?
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>> Till
>>>

>>> * a Title of proposed project (prefix it with "Hackathon,"  "Ontology
>>> Clinic-A/B" or "Application Clinic")
>>>
>>> Ontohub-OOPS! Integration
>>>
>>> * an Abstract describing the project work
>>>
>>> The project aims at the integration of OOPS! [1] into the Ontohub.org
>>> [2,3]
>>> platform. A user of Ontohub.org would see a button "evaluate with OOPS!".
>>> Then Ontohub.org would call the OOPS! webservice (or even a local
>>> installation of OOPS!), and display the results. The results should also
>>> be
>>> displayed in a per-class and per-property way in Ontohub.
>>>
>>> * Collaborators involved names of individuals, affiliations, their
>>> roles in the project, their tasks, etc.
>>>
>>> María Poveda, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Spain
>>> Till Mossakowsi, DFKI GmbH Bremen, Germany
>>> Oliver Kutz, University of Bremen, Germany
>>> several students, University of Bremen, Germany
>>>
>>> * Objectives / Goals ... especially as they relate to the Summit and the
>>> "Ontology Evaluation" theme
>>>
>>> Ontohub.org is a distributed heterogeneous ontology repository that aims
>>> at
>>> implementing the open ontology repository architecture [4]. OOPS! is a web
>>> service detecting some of the most common pitfalls appearing when
>>> ontologies. When combined, the result will be a web-based repository