Re: [ontology-summit] {quality-methodology} Ontology Summit Track A: Met

To: ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Megan Katsumi <katsumi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 10:30:27 -0500
Hi All,

My apologies for the delay but I would like to follow up on some of the discussion on this topic.

The survey that Amanda mentioned sounds like a really great idea.  I understand that this effort has already been revived and I look forward to the results.

Samir and Astrid - I think my original question is particularly relevant to you as both of your presentations focused on metrics for ontology (quality) evaluation.  My question was not when is a metric relevant for ontology quality, but how do you intend for these metrics to be employed to aid in the development of an ontology?  Specifically, I am wondering if you have any use cases that demonstrate the application of your metrics in the development of an ontology.  How were specific metrics selected, and how their results were used to inform the development process?  If you have such use cases, In your opinion could they be generalized to contribute to a methodology that would provide guidance for the use of these metrics in practice?

Thanks,
Megan Katsumi