[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit Symposium update - ACTION REQUIRED

To: "steve.r.ray@xxxxxxxxxx" <steve.r.ray@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: K Goodier <kgoodier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 19:05:56 -0400
Message-id: <DBB96FBD-380C-4515-BD5B-72F1F290D32D@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Thank you

K Goodier

On Apr 8, 2011, at 2:10 PM, "Steve Ray" <steve.r.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear Ontology Summit Participants,


This message is to let you know of our plans in light of the impending U.S. government shutdown scheduled to take place at midnight April 8th. First, let me assure you that we are on top of the situation, and our Ontology Summit Symposium will still take place. We do have some specific requests, however.

1.    Registration

a.    If you are planning to join us on-site and have not yet registered for the Symposium, we need you to email peter.yim@xxxxxxxx and steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx and ALSO to register with NIST at https://www-s.nist.gov/CRS/conf_disclosure.cfm?CFID%3D2327828%26CFTOKEN%3Df14752c065cc2755%2D4D7B69C5%2DB461%2DAD31%2D1BFD9336D12BCF42%26jsessionid%3D843096696382300a4f28242974f803433723&conf_id=4767. The link can also be found on the Ontology Summit Wiki at  http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011/WorkshopRegistration. Please do so TODAY before the NIST servers are shut down. We need the email notification in case NIST remains closed, since we won’t have access to the servers. But we need you to also register at NIST in case they re-open before April 18th, so that you can get cleared in.


2.    Backup Registration

a.    If you are not a U.S. citizen (and even if you have already registered at the NIST site), we need you to provide us with the following information by email (offline, please, to: todd.schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxx, peter.yim@xxxxxxxx and steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx) for access to the alternate meeting location (see next item):

                                          i.    First Name, Last Name,

                                         ii.    Company/Organization Represented,

                                        iii.    Is Company/Organization Incorporated in US? (yes/no),

                                       iv.    Countries of Citizenship,

                                        v.    Are you a US Citizen? (yes/no)


PLEASE NOTE: In the event we need to use the alternate meeting facility at Raytheon non-US citizens who have not provided this information by Tuesday 12 April may be denied access.


3.    Meeting location

a.    We have a backup meeting location, thanks to a generous offer from Raytheon (and Todd Schneider) for the use of their meeting rooms should the government be closed on April 18-19. We will be making our final decision on Thursday, April 14th as to whether we will be shifting the meeting location from NIST to Raytheon, and will notify you via the ontology-summit mailing list. Since the Raytheon facility is near Dulles Airport, just west of Washington, DC, at that time you may want to adjust your hotel reservations. We will provide you with some suggested hotels on Thursday if in fact we do need to change location.


We remain enthusiastic, and know that the meeting will be a great success, despite these obstacles!






Steven Ray and Nicola Guarino, Co-Chairs

Ontology Summit 2011


Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/   
Subscribe/Config: http://ontolog.cim3.net/mailman/listinfo/ontology-summit/  
Unsubscribe: mailto:ontology-summit-leave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Community Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OntologySummit2011/
Community Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2011  
Community Portal: http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki/     (01)
<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>