[ontology-summit] Proceedings: Ontology Summit 2010: virtual Panel Sessi

To: Ontology Summit 2010 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 20:58:30 -0800
Writing to let everyone know that the proceedings from the Thursday,
4-Feb-2010 "Requirements" Panel Session entitled: "Training
Requirements for Ontologists, or What Are We Training For?" is now
online, complete with the audio archive and the transcript of the
in-session instant messaging.    (01)

See details on the session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_02_04    (02)

This excellent session was put together and chaired by Dr. Amanda
Vizedom. On her expert panel were: Professor DeniseBedford, Dr.
MichaelUschold, Mr. MikeBennett and Dr. JohnSowa.    (03)

In Dr. Vizedom's words, each of our panelists provided us with well
thought-out, insightful, and well-expressed points. The quality of
these contributions, individually and as a collection, enabled a
wonderfully sharpened focus on the characteristics that make an
ontologist ready for fruitful employment and deployment.    (04)

To Dr. Vizedom, Dr. Bedford, Dr. Uschold, Mr. Bennett and Dr. Sowa,
and to everyone who participated at this session, we would like to
express our deepest appreciation.    (05)

The next Ontology Summit 2010 virtual panel session (Panel-4 on
"Quality") is scheduled for Feb-11 (same time, next Thursdays.)  The
session will be chaired by Professor Barry Smith and Dr. Fabian
Neuhaus.  Do mark your calendars and make sure you will be joining us
then!    (06)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (07)

For and on behalf of
Members of the