[ontology-summit] Proceedings: OntologySummit2009 virtual panel sessions

To: Ontology Summit 2009 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 16:26:59 -0700
Three successive weeks of really productive virtual panel sessions
have come and gone. A lot of wonderful ideas have been exchanged
during those sessions, which, I'm glad, have been captured into our
body of knowledge that we are building out together.    (01)

A huge THANK YOU should go to Michael Gruninger, Howard Mason and
Steve Ray for organizing and chairing those sessions; to all the
panelists, who shared with us their insights and to everyone who had
participated and chipped in.    (02)

The proceedings (slides, audio recording, chat transcript, ... etc.)
are all available online now. Do revisit them at the respective
session pages listed below:    (03)

*Thu 12 Mar 2009* - the "Ontology Community Perspectives Toward
Ontology-based Standards" - at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2009_03_12    (04)

*Thu 19 Mar 2009* - the "Standards Community Perspectives Toward
Ontology-based Standards" - at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2009_03_19    (05)

*Thu 26 Mar 2009* - today's session entitled: "Toward Ontology-based
Standards - A Synthesis" - at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2009_03_26    (06)

We have one more virtual session, same time next Thursday (Apr-2) to
go through any logistics questions and to do a final sync-up prior to
the Apr-6 & 7 face-to-face at NIST (Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA.) Do
come join us, especially if you plan to be attending that
workshop/symposium, either in person, or remotely.    (07)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (08)

For and on behalf of
the OntologySummit2009 organizing committee    (09)

P.S. ... by the way, register yourself NOW for attendance at the Apr.
6 & 7 meetings (especially if you are attending in person,
registration for onsite attendance will be closing on 31-Mar-2009) -
see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2009/WorkshopRegistration
---    (010)