Re: [ontology-summit] [ont-of-ont] evaluated 40 large ontologies using t

To: Ontology Summit 2008 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: ontology-summit-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ontology Summit 2008 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: dbedford@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:31:40 -0400
Michael,    (01)

I think it is great that you and your students moved forward to test the
suggestion from last year's summit to use factor analysis.  And, I think your
analysis also bears out some of the comments from last years summit about the
orthogonality of some of the dimensions.    (02)

Just to make a tie back to the registry discussion group as well -- I would
suggest that it is important to use a consistent framework for both
representation and evaluation.   How can the evaluation and registry parameters
be more closely aligned?  How might the registry discussions inform the
evaluation framework?    (03)

Best regards,
Denise    (04)