Re: [ontology-summit] [ont-of-ont] Initial ideas for properties and rela

To: Ontology Summit 2008 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Michael Gruninger <gruninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:18:00 -0400

Hi John,    (01)

I'm not really sure what you are referring to.
I am talking about the first-order theory presented in    (02)

Alfred Tarski, 1959, '"What is Elementary Geometry?" in Leon Henkin,
Patrick Suppes, and Tarski, A., eds., /The Axiomatic Method, with
Special Reference to Geometry and Physics/. North Holland.    (03)

in which Tarski says:
" Thus, in our formalization of elementary geometry, only points are
treated as individuals."    (04)

The word "sphere" does not appear anywhere in that paper.    (05)

Wikipedia also contains a presentation of the axioms (see Tarski's Axioms).    (06)

- michael    (07)

John F. Sowa wrote:    (08)