[ontology-summit] Proceedings: Joint OpenOntologyRepository - OntologySu

To: Ontology Summit 2008 <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 23:41:22 -0800
Subject: Proceedings: Joint OpenOntologyRepository -
OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion Session - Thu 2008.02.28    (01)

We had one of the most wonderful discussion session on Thursday,
28-Febuary-2008. The event was a Joint
OpenOntologyRepository-OntologySummit2008 Panel Discussion,
co-chaired by Dr. LeoObrst (Ontolog, MITRE) and Dr. FrankOlken
(NSF) during which the participants surveyed some of the
"Ontology Registry and Repository Technology & Infrastructure
Landscape." On the panel were: Mr. Bruce Bargmeyer (XMDR, LBNL),
Mr. Mike Dean (DAML, W3C, BBN), Professor Mark Musen (NCBO,
Stanford-BMIR), Mr. Farrukh Najmi (OASIS ebXML RegRep, Wellfleet
Software) and Mr. Peter Yim (Ontolog, CIM3).    (02)

The briefings from the speakers were followed by enthusiastic and
thought provoking discussions. We would like to send a huge
"thank you" to the co-chairs, the panelists and everyone who
participated at the session.    (03)

Archives of this session is now accessible from its session page
at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_02_28
... where one will find the proceedings, all the slides, as well
as the audio recording (mp3). The audio archive is available via
telephone playback as well as podcast too.    (04)

The depth and breadth of the material covered, the knowledge and
insights shared, and the collaborative attitude shown at this
event really exemplified what an open community of practice is
all about. What we learned from the session will be tremendously
valuable to the OpenOntologyRepository and the OntologySummit2008
initiatives.    (05)

Thanks again, everyone!    (06)

Regards.  =ppy    (07)

Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG    (08)

P.S.  Upcoming in the next 2 weeks are two invited talks that may
lead to new possibilities in open standard development effort:    (09)

* Thu 2008.03.06 - Ontolog invited Speakers Professor Asuman
Dogac and Mr. Yalin Yarimagan (both from the Middle East
Technical University in Turkey) will be presenting a talk on
"Semantic Tools to Improve Electronic Business Document
Interoperability" - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2008_03_06    (010)

* Thu 2008.03.13 - Mr. James Bryce, Director of Standards
Development for OASIS will be our Ontolog Invited Speaker.    (011)

Please mark your calendars now to make sure you won't miss these
talks. Announcements with more details to follow.  =ppy
--    (012)