Re: [ontology-summit] Ontolog conference call Thu 2007.06.07

To: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>, "Ontology Summit 2007 Organizing Committee" <ontology-summit-org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Doug Holmes" <dholmes@xxxxxxx>, "Ken Baclawski" <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steve Ray" <ray@xxxxxxxx>, "Michael Gruninger" <gruninger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Conrad Bock" <conrad.bock@xxxxxxxx>, <susan.turnbull@xxxxxxx>, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@xxxxxxx>, "Christopher Menzel" <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>, "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Ontology Summit 2007 Forum <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter F Brown" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 07:57:02 +0200
???
"we devote the Thu 2007.06.07 operations review and planning (i.e. our
regular Thursday) conference call to discussing OntologySummit2007
follow-up actions" != "Call tomorrow"    (01)

In any case, I will not be able to make the call today - I'm attending
the European Semantic Technologies Conference here in Vienna
(www.estc2007.com) and will be travelling on 7th.    (02)

However my .02 worth, in absentia:
- I have a new researcher starting with us soon, and it might be an
interesting project to follow up on Olivier's suggestion of an academic
paper, if there are no other takers;
- I will update the diagram but will only be able to devote some time to
that during the week starting 18th June. So far I've only had feedback
from Nancy Wiegand, Jack Teller and Bob Smith and nothing since the
revised diagram was done. Don't know whether to conclude that revised
version is OK, or that it's not a focus of attention. I found Bob's
comment particularly interesting that he has already used in twice "to
explain what it is we are trying to do in an ontology project" - so it
does seem to have some illustrative value, particularly in "selling" our
work outside the immediate Summit and Forum...    (03)

Peter    (04)