ontologizing

RE: [ontologizing] Re: [TaxoThesaurus] Ontolog Wiki Inventory - time

To: "'Ontologizing-Ontolog'" <ontologizing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 'Patrick Heinig' <pheinig@xxxxxxx>
From: "Bob Smith" <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:01:22 -0700
Hello,

During our last phone conference we described one of the major objectives is to provide better Search features based on Taxo-Thesaurus model of the Wiki (and the explicit Body of Knowledge contained or referenced there).

Denise has developed a detailed inventory of the Wiki, and is preparing to extract concepts for further refinement.
As an intermediate step, I developed a simple Tree representing the wiki as it appears to me. The free application is called FreeMind, and is very simple to use to construct a visual map of content.

I believe we have a treasure of useful and usable knowledge about many domains available in documents and PPT slide pages. Concept extraction and refinements along with maps, should prove valuable to members of some communities.

Denise's slides, and the other slides and discussions from the two earlier Ontologizing sessions include questions we need to ask about the context, user needs, and sense-making opportunities.

This Thursday's Ontolog session seems to be an opportunity to consider next steps in more detail, and seek answers to the questions we posed to ourselves earlier.

Comments? Questions?

Regards,

Bob Smith,
Tall Tree Labs