ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] Proceedings: Semantic Wiki mini-series / Session-6

To: "[swikig]" <swikig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-invitation]" <ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 08:01:32 -0700
With a well attended and, again, content packed session, Professor Dr.
Rudi Studer and Dr. Mark Greaves led us through the concluding session
of our 6-month long mini-series on "Semantic Wikis: The Wiki Way to
the Semantic Web."    (01)

Our co-chairs shared with us their insights on "The Future of Semantic
Wiki: Trends, Challenges and Outlook" and brought back most of our
previous session chairs and panelists to recap on the entire
mini-series and their individual perspectives on what the "technology"
and "culture" we call "wiki" or "semantic wiki" today, will bear upon
the future of the web, IT (information technology), and HCI
(human-computer interaction.)    (02)

Full proceedings (agenda, panelists, attendees, slides, audio
recordings, chat-transcript, ... )  of this 5-Mar-2009 session has
been captured on the wiki page,
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2009_03_05    (03)

Proceedings and resources for all the other the sessions have also
been archived on their respective session pages. You will be able find
a listing of all these events at the SemanticWiki mini-series homepage
at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SemanticWiki    (04)

A huge "thank you" goes to all the champions and contributors who got
this very successful mini-series together. We invite everyone to
revisit the contents of these sessions. And, as  Mark aptly opined,
this "has been the longest and most collaborative sustained
investigation of semantic wikis to date. It's more than a conference,
it's more than a workshop, it's got everybody important here, it's got
everybody who has an opinion here."  The archived proceedings of the
series adds, of course, another major piece onto the accumulated body
of knowledge that the community has been building together here.    (05)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (06)

for the SemanticWiki mini-series
Co-champions & session co-chairs,    (07)

 Dr. Jie Bao and Dr. Li Ding (RPI Tetherless World Constellation),
 Mr. Mike Dean (BBN),
 Dr. Mark Greaves (Vulcan),
 Mr. Markus Kroetzsch (Institute AIFB),
 Dr. Sebastian Schaffert (Salzburg Research, Austria),
 Mr. Harold Solbrig (Mayo Clinic),
 Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer ((FZI & Institute AIFB, University of Karlsruhe) ,
 Mr. Max Volkel (FZI, Karlsruhe), and
 Mr. Peter Yim (Ontolog, CIM3)    (08)

P.S.  Dr. Li Ding and Dr. Jie Bao from RPI have planned a "SemWiki
Meetup" at Stanford right after the AAAI spring symposium, on
Wednesday, 25-March-2009 afternoon. If semantic wikis mean something
to you and you are local to the San Francisco Bay Area, please mark
your calendars and come join us.
See developing details at: http://tw.rpi.edu/portal/SMW_Meetup_at_Stanford