ontolog-invitation

[ontolog-invitation] OOR-dev: Synergies & Gaps - Panel Discussion - Fri

To: ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:22:40 -0700
* REMINDER *    (01)

Open Ontology Repository (OOR) Panel Discussion Session - Fri 22-August-2008    (02)

    * Subject: Getting OOR Development Off the Ground: Identifying
Synergies & Gaps    (03)

    * Session Chair:
          o   Dr. LeoObrst (Ontolog; MITRE)    (04)

    * Panelists / Briefings:
          o   Mr. MikeDean (BBN) - "A Modular Software Architecture for OOR"
          o   Professor MarkMusen (Stanford) - "BioPortal: An open
ontology repository
                                                for community-based
ontology management and review"
          o   Dr. LiDing (RPI) - "Search and navigate online ontologies"
          o   Mr. BruceBargmeyer (LNBL) - "XMDR Contributions"
          o   Mr. BillAndersen (OntologyWorks) - "Common Logic: Tools
and Prospects"    (05)

The Ontology Summit 2008 (Jan~Apr 2008) provided us with a great
opportunity and platform to discuss pertinent issues relating to an
Open Ontology Repository (OOR). We need now to move the OOR effort
from discussion to action. This means that we need to identify usable
programming code/services now and firm up implementation commitments -
i.e., who can provide what now and in the future. This session will
mark the kick-off of the OOR system development effort, during which
we will bring together core developers and explore the synergies and
gaps that we can make out of their collective initial contributions.    (06)

Come join us:    (07)