Re: [ontolog-forum] Is Philosophy Useful in Software Engineering Ontolog

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 13:40:14 -0400
Thomas -

On Jun 21, 2015, at 1:18 PM, Thomas Johnston <tmj44p@xxxxxxx> wrote:

OK, but all of that could be done by intelligent and skilled business analysts, data modelers and DBAs. How about the new ontology engineer the company just hired? Does she have anything to contribute?

Only one small problem… would an "ontological engineer” have even a smidgen of interest in the sort of dreary & entirely necessary software maintenance issues you described so well?

Last I heard LOD had solved the complex issues you describe.  [that’s only extremely tongue-in-cheek]  Or perhaps I’m confused… the issues you describe are not worth solving?  I’ve lost track.