Re: [ontolog-forum] Disagreements among reviewers

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: kenb <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 16:26:39 -0400 (EDT)
Given that reviewers are not compensated and that there is no assessment
of the quality of the reviews, I am not at all surprised by the lack of
agreement.  Given the lack of agreement and assessment of quality, it is
also not surprising that "best paper" awards are largely meaningless.    (01)

As for the question "what does it mean?", I suppose the obvious answer is
"you get what you pay for".    (02)

-- Ken    (03)

On Mon, 13 Apr 2015, John F Sowa wrote:    (04)