Re: [ontolog-forum] Endurantism and Perdurantism - Re: Some Comments on

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Avril Styrman <Avril.Styrman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 23:01:40 +0300

Quoting Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>:    (01)

> There is ONE SINGLE FACT being expressed here: that R holds between
> the things A and B at time T.    (02)

> so now we can all stop arguing about the true nature of such things
> as flows in pipes, glaciers and ripening bananas, and leave such
> interminable debate to philosophers while we get on with ontology
> engineering. It has no more relevance to us than philosophical
> debates about, say, the difference between reduction and
> supervenience.    (03)

In sum, the contemplation about the meanings of the terms continuant and
occurrent is a matter of how these are mapped to the basic ontology,
which is the conception of a single time line where time t is before
time t+1. There's the fundamental necessary ontology that everyone should
acknowledge, for everyone relies on it implicitly in any case, even if
one would not admit this.    (04)

Avril
Ystävällisin terveisin,    (05)

Avril Styrman