[ontolog-forum] Suggestions for Controlled NLs

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 13:37:30 -0400
I received an offline note with some questions about CLCE
(Common Logic Controlled English).    (01)

Following is a slightly edited version of my response.    (02)

John    (03)

-------- Forwarded Message --------    (04)

> Does CLCE have generators/iterators?
> Does CLCE have procedures/methods?    (05)

The CLCE grammar on my web site is just one example of one version:
http://www.jfsowa.com/clce/clce07.htm    (06)

Basic point:  Every CNL is an abstraction from some NL.    (07)

If you want to represent anything in any field X in a CNL,
look at the best written intros and tutorials for X.    (08)

Then take the simplest and clearest sentence patterns,
write some grammar rules for them, and add them to your
favorite notation.    (09)

For other examples of CNLs, see the slides
http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/cnl4ss.pdf    (010)

The last slide has some URLs for more examples.    (011)