Re: [ontolog-forum] How do I create a user account in the new Ontolog wi

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 12:05:29 -0700
Further ...    (01)

Account credentials for the "new wiki" OntologPSMW at:
http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki are now arranged as follows:    (02)

1. all accounts previously created on the OntologWiki ("old wiki"
OntologWiki at http://ontolog.cim3.net/wiki) before 2013 should have
been transferred over.    (03)

* that means, a user can use the same login (same username/password he
or she used on the "old wiki") to log into the "new wiki" OntologPSMW
at http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki    (04)

* however, for an account which only had a username and no password,
that user will have to write KenBaclawski <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx> so he can
provide the temporary password that is associated with the account now
(since "no password" is no longer acceptable on the "new wiki").    (05)

2. All "new accounts" need to be created by the WikiAdministrator (for
the time being). KenBaclawski <kenb@xxxxxxxxxxx> is filling that role
now. Anyone who needs write access to the "new wiki" OntologPSMW at
http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki should email Ken to get that arranged.
[Noting that "read access" to the "new wiki" is fully open.]    (06)

3. we also want all accounts on the "new wiki" to be associated with
an email address as well. Therefore, when you have ascertained that
your login is working properly (whether from the migrated credentials
or after creation of a new account), please go to
http://ontolog-02.cim3.net/wiki/Special:Preferences to make sure your
email address has been populated as well.    (07)

Thanks & regards. =ppy