[ontolog-forum] CALL FOR POSTERS AND DEMOS: 11th OWL: Experiences and Di

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Valentina Tamma <V.Tamma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 16:16:17 +0100
CALL FOR POSTERS AND DEMOS
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
11th OWL: Experiences and Directions Workshop (OWLED)
Riva del Garda, October 17th - 18th, 2014 co-located with ISWC 2014
http://www.w3.org/community/owled/workshop-2014/    (01)

Important Dates (All deadlines are Hawaii time)
        • Poster/demo submission due: September 25, 2014
        • Acceptance notifications: September 30, 2014
        • OWLED workshop: 17-18 October, 2014    (02)

OWLED is now also a Community Group at the W3C. Everyone is invited to
participate:http://www.w3.org/community/owled/     (03)

Accepted technical and short papers for OWLED 2014:
http://www.w3.org/community/owled/workshop-2014/programme/    (04)

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————    (05)

The aim of the OWL: Experiences and Directions Workshop (OWLED) is to establish
an international forum for the OWL community, where practitioners in industry
and academia, tool developers and others interested in OWL can describe real
and potential applications, share experience and discuss requirements for
language extensions/modifications. OWL has become the representational model of
choice for supporting interoperability in many industries. This has been made
possible thanks also to the development of numerous OWL reasoning systems that
efficiently deal with both intensional (ontologies) and extensional (data)
query answering. In this edition we aim to bridge the gap with the reasoner
evaluation community and welcome the submission of papers describing
challenging ontologies and/or tasks to be represented in OWL and processed by
OWL reasoners. It also welcomes proposals for improving the OWL 2 standard.    (06)

Poster and demo descriptions: These papers should be 1-2 pages long and present
late-breaking results and/or describe publishable (novel) implemented systems
that are of interest to the OWLED community; and (in case of an implemented
system), can be demonstrated at the workshop.    (07)

All submissions must be must be in PDF, and must adhere to the Springer LNCS
style. For more details, see Springer’s Author Instructions:     (08)

http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0.     (09)

Poster and demo descriptions can be submitted online using the Easychair
Conference system:     (010)

https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=owled2014    (011)

Posters and demos descriptions related to any aspects of OWL and extensions,
applications, theory, methods and tools, are welcome. Topics of interest
include, but are not limited to:    (012)

        • Application driven requirements for OWL
        • Applications of OWL, particularly
                • from industry or
                • for data integration
                • for service interoperability
                • for sophisticated/non-obvious inference
                • for knowledge discovery
        • and within specific domains such as
                • law
                • bio and biomed
                • eLearning
        • Experience of using OWL: notably, highly expressive ontologies or
the OWL 2 Profiles
        • Evaluation of OWL tools e.g. reasoners
        • Benchmarks for OWL tools
        • Performance and scalability issues and improvements
        • Extensions to OWL
        • OWL and Rules
        • Implementation techniques and experience reports
        • Non-standard reasoning service (implementation and requirements for)
        • Explanation
        • Ontology comprehension and verbalisation
        • Multilingual OWL
        • Modelling issues
        • Tools, including editors, visualisation, parsers and syntax checkers
        • Collaborative editing of ontologies
        • Versioning of OWL ontologies
        • Alignment of OWL ontologies
        • Modularity
        • Query answering with OWL
        • SPARQL and OWL
        • Linked Data and OWL    (013)

General Chair
Bijan Parsia, University of manchester, UK    (015)

PC Chairs
Valentina Tamma, University of Liverpool, UK
Maria Keet, University of Cape Town, South Africa    (016)

Programme Committee
David Carral, Wright State University
Philipp Cimiano, University of Bielefeld
Aldo Gangemi, Université Paris 13 & CNR-ISTC
John Goodwin, Ordnance Survey
Aidan Hogan, Universidad de Chile
Ernesto Jimenez-Ruiz, University of Oxford
Jodi Kodish-Wachs, Siemens Medical Solutions, USA
Roman Kontchakov, Birkbeck College
Markus Krötzsch, Technische Universität Dresden
Patrick Lambrix, Linköping University
Agnieszka Lawrynowicz, Poznan University of Technology
John P. Mccrae, Cognitive Interaction Technology, Center of Excellence
Nadeschda Nikitina, Oxford University
Héctor Pérez-Urbina, Clark & Parsia, LLC
María Poveda-Villalón, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Mariano Rodriguez-Muro, IBM Research
Alan Ruttenberg
Jodi Schneider, DERI, NUI Galway
Stefan Schulz, Institute of Medical Informatics, Statistics, and Documentation,
Medical University of Graz
Gem Stapleton, University of Brighton
Vojtěch Svátek, University of Economics, Prague
Anni-Yasmin Turhan, TU Dresden
Frank Wolter, University of Liverpool
Dr Valentina Tamma
Department of Computer Science    | http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~valli
University of Liverpool                      | tel. +44-151-795 4246
Ashton Building                                | fax +44-151-795 4235
Liverpool, L69 3BX, UK                    | email: V.Tamma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx