[ontolog-forum] OASIS Universal Business Language (UBL) wins first OASIS

To: Jon Bosak <bosak@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Tim McGrath <tim.mcgrath@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 07:29:12 -0700

Fyi, everyone ...

Congrats! ... Ken, Tim, Jon and Everyone who has been contributing to the UBL work.

From: https://www.oasis-open.org/open-standards-cup
//
The annual Open Standards Cup recognizes outstanding accomplishments in our community. Chosen by the OASIS Technical Advisory Board (TAB), this year's winners will be named at the Annual General Members Meeting on 30 July 2014.

== 2014 Nominees for Outstanding Accomplished Technical Committee ==

* Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP)
* Open Data Protocol (OData)
* Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA)
* Universal Business Language (UBL)

== 2014 Nominees for Outstanding New Technical Committee ==

* Electronic Trial Master File (eTMF)
* StandardKey Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP)
* Key-Value Database Application Interface (KVDB)
* OSLC Lifecycle Integration Core (OSLC Core)
//

Best regards. =ppy

p.s. for those who are less conversed with the early history of the Ontolog community - the [ontolog-forum] list was originally transitioned from the [ubl-ontolog] list back in 2002 (and one can still see "UBL" in the Ontolog Charter - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologCharter )

... also, one of the earliest projects this community embarked upon was actually the "UBL Ontology" project - http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidL