Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings: "Rules-Reasoning-LP" Mini-series Launch

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Benjamin Grosof <benjamin.grosof@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 12:49:18 -0700
Hi Michael B,
I'm glad my part of the session helped you understand LP better.
Yes, one can call the rules there assertions or axioms.  (I and my collaborators often do.)
Yes, one can call many of the rules ontologies or ontological.  (Again, I and my collaborators often do.)
Wrt purposes, I recommend you look at the AAAI-13 long rules tutorial, esp. its first section, which discusses
how (semantic) rules are useful in more specific or indirect ways, in addition to the
general and direct characteristics of understandability and reusability.
Best,
Benjamin