[ontolog-forum] "Rules-Reasoning-LP" Mini-series Launch Event - Thu 2013

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 21:37:03 -0700
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_10_24    (01)

Dear All,    (02)

After two Ontolog community brainstorm sessions that identified and
planned out our program on Ontology, Rules, and Logic Programming for
Reasoning and Applications (subbed: RulesReasoningLP), we are pleased
to announce that this "RulesReasoningLP" mini-series is going to be
launched this coming Thursday, 24-Oct-2013.    (03)

You are cordially invited to join us at this opening session, as well
as the ensuing sessions. ... RSVP now! (details below.)    (04)

******************* Hightlights *******************    (05)

* Thu 24 Oct 2013 - RulesReasoningLP mini-series session-01
- Topic:  RulesReasoningLP session-01: Survey and Introduction
- Co-chairs: Dr. Leo Obrst & Dr. Benjamin Grosof
- see details on the session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_10_24
... RSVP now!    (06)

* Thu 31 Oct 2013 - RulesReasoningLP mini-series session-02
- Topic: Concepts and Foundations of Rules and Ontologies:
              Logic Programs, Classical Logic, and Semantic Web - I
- Co-chairs: Dr. Leo Obrst & Dr. Harold Boley
- see developing details on the session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_10_31    (07)

* Thu 21 Nov 2013 - RulesReasoningLP mini-series session-03
- Topic: Concepts and Foundations of Rules and Ontologies:
              Logic Programs, Classical Logic, and Semantic Web - II
- Co-chairs: Dr. Leo Obrst & Dr. Pascal Hitzler
- see developing details on the session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_11_21    (08)

*Register your attendance* by emailing <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> off-line
or register yourself directly to the wiki session page. Please specify
the date or name of the session(s) you are registering for (your
affiliation too, if you are not already a member of the community.)
... RSVP    (09)

*****************************************************    (010)

Now, for this Thursday's session ...    (011)

= RulesReasoningLP Mini-series Launch - Thu 2013-10-24 =    (012)

Session Co-chairs:
 Dr. LeoObrst (Ontolog; MITRE) & Dr. BenjaminGrosof (Coherent Knowledge Systems)    (013)

Topic: RulesReasoningLP session-01: Survey and Introduction    (014)

Start Time: 9:30am PDT / 12:30pm EDT / 6:30pm CEST / 5:30pm BST / 16:30 UTC
* ref: World Clock -
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=10&day=24&year=2013&hour=9&min=30&sec=0&p1=224
* Expected Call Duration: ~2.0 hours    (015)

See session details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2013_10_24    (016)

== Abstract ==    (017)

This is the first session of the RulesReasoningLP mini-series. This
will be a series of virtual panel sessions, and the associated online
discourse, co-championed by some members of the Ontolog community who
value the importance of the subject matter and would want to bring
together those who are knowledgeable or interested into a dialog. The
mini-series program will cover the topics that encapsulates the
ontology-driven applications that will generally fall under "Ontology,
Rules, and Logic Programming for Reasoning and Applications."    (018)

The RulesReasoningLP mini-series program has come together through two
open community brainstorm sessions, held on 2013.07.25 (covering
mainly program content) and 2013.09.12 (covering mainly the
organization and scheduling).    (019)

Joining us at our Launch Event today, are a number of community and
technology leaders. They, along with our mini-series co-champions,
will be delivering a range of opening remarks, right after our
co-chairs' overview of the mini-series program. These remarks will,
collectively provide diverse perspectives on why the theme chosen for
this mini-series is important, and what we should try to achieve.    (020)

After the opening remarks, our co-chairs, Dr. LeoObrst and Dr.
BenjaminGrosof, will provide a survey of the subject matter and the
scope of this mini-series. They will each take on some aspects
outlined, and provide an introduction on key concepts and technologies
involved, to prepare the participants for the exciting program content
that will be rolled-out in the ensuing mini-series sessions.    (021)

Please also refer to the "Rules-Reasoning-LP" mini-series
homepage at: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RulesReasoningLP    (022)

******************    (023)

These sessions, like all Ontolog virtual events, are open and free of
charge. Anyone who is interested, or (better still) who may have
something to contribute, is welcome. Please refer to event details on
the session pages, to which the hyperlink is given above, where you
will find session agenda, conference call dial-in, slides and other
pertinent information. Feel free to pass this invitation along to
colleagues who may also find these sessions to be of interest.    (024)

*RSVP* by emailing Peter Yim at <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> offline (or add
yourself directly to the session page if you are already an Ontolog
community member) so that we can prepare enough resources to support
everyone. [Please state clearly the date of the session you are
registering for in your email; your affiliation too, if you are not a
community member.]    (025)

These sessions will be recorded and made available in a publicly
accessible archive. Therefore, before participating, please make sure
you are cognizant of our IPR policy (ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32).    (026)

Regards. =ppy    (027)

For the Session Co-chairs
Leo Obrst & Benjamin Grosof    (028)