[ontolog-forum] -ontop- v1.9 now available (OBDA, RDBMS, RDB2RDF mapping

To: "dl@xxxxxxxxx" <dl@xxxxxxxxx>, Semantic Web List <semantic-web@xxxxxx>, Protege 4.x support and discussion <p4-feedback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "<owlapi-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <owlapi-developer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sesame discussion list <sesame-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "jena-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jena-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, User support for the Protege-OWL editor <protege-owl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ontop4obda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ontop4obda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rodriguez-Muro Mariano (A)" <rodriguez@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:50:08 +0000
We are happy to announce the availability of     (01)

                               -ontop- v1.9    (02)

a Java framework to query RDBMS using SPARQL over RDF(s) and OWL ontologies.
Get
it at:    (03)

                        http://ontop.inf.unibz.it    (04)

If you are interested in virtual RDF graphs, RDB2RDF mappings (e.g., R2RML)
and/or RDFS/OWL2QL reasoning and SQL, then -ontop- is for you. The system
implements the cutting edge in SPARQL-to-SQL and query optimisation techniques,
provides great performance and is packed with unique features.    (05)

With -ontop-, you don't need to move your data from your DB to enjoy the
benefits of the RDF data model, the SPARQL query language or RDFS/OWL 2 QL
inference. There is no need for expensive ETL or forward/backward chaining
either.    (06)

 HIGHLIGHT OF CHANGES in v1.9
==============================    (07)

This release continues with the project's refactoring, cleaning of code,
dependencies and internal documentation. We also added two very exciting new
features. And last, a bunch of implementation improvements related to, both,
performance and bug fixing. Here goes a summary:    (08)

 * FEATURE: Hybrid RDF graphs! This is a unique new feature in ontop that
   no other R2RML system has (TTBOMK). Now you have combine data coming
   from mappings and still have some RDF triples. This lets you store
   most of the data on the DB, but keep some facts of knowledge in
   the ontology as triples (ABox facts)
   For more info see this post:     (09)

http://ontop-obda.blogspot.it/2013/09/hybrid-rdf-graphs-or-hybrid-aboxes-as.html    (010)

 * FEATURE: Now ontop supports mappings with URI templates in Class or
Properties!
   For more info check this link:      (011)

http://ontop-obda.blogspot.it/2013/09/uri-templates-for-properties-and-classes.html    (012)

 * IMPROVEMENT: Upgraded libraries. Now we link to Sesame 2.7.6,
   OWLAPI 3.4.5 and Protege 4.3    (013)

 * IMPROVEMENT: We cleaned a lot of dependencies in
   ontop, you will see that our package is now half the size as before.    (014)

 * BUF FIXES: Critical bug fixes in CONSTRUCT and DESCRIBE queries, as well
   as in the code that matches URI's to URI templates. Several bugfixes in
   ontopPro and the SPARQL end-point.    (015)

 NEW ONTOP TUTORIAL
========================    (016)

We also prepared a new tutorial that guides you through the first steps of
using ontop and ontopPro (the Protege 4 plugin), and how it can be used for
data access and data integration. Find it here:    (017)

http://ontop-obda.blogspot.it/2013/09/new-ontop-tutorial.html    (018)

Cheers,
The -ontop- team    (019)

Mariano Rodriguez Muro
http://mariano.rodriguez-muro.com/
KRDB Research Center
Faculty of Computer Science
Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (FUB)
Piazza Domenicani 3,
I-39100 Bozen-Bolzano BZ, Italy
猴    (020)

To send me encrypted email use my PGP key found at:
http://keys.gnupg.net/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAAC79582C4B77F31    (021)