Re: [ontolog-forum] [ontology-summit] Doug Engelbart passed away last ni

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 15:18:26 -0700
Indeed, Duane ... while the "mouse" is arguably the invention Doug
Engelbart is best known (as the inventor) for, although it is hardly
the most impactful. ... I am sure innovations like hyperlinking,
multiple windows, shared-screen teleconferencing, remote procedure
call, network computing (running one of the first two connected
machines of the ARPANET) would have been more significant. ( check out
the partial list at:
http://www.dougengelbart.org/history/engelbart.html#5c )    (01)

What meant most to him, was evangelizing the process to bootstrapping
collective IQ to effectively tackle humanity's grand challenges. (
see: http://www.dougengelbart.org/about/visionmission.html )    (02)

=ppy