[ontolog-forum] Conceptual Graphs & The Semantic Web

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:05:53 -0400
All,    (01)

Over the last few years, I periodically revisit John Sowa's work on
Conceptual Graphs [1] and TimBL's design issues notes where he attempts
to reconcile Conceptual Graphs and The Semantic Web [2].    (02)

During my most recent effort (a personal endeavor) I ended up sketching
our a venn diagram [3] which (in my eyes) illustrates an example of the
"test of independent invention" [4][5].    (03)

What does everyone else think? I truly believe we are at point where the
complimentary nature of these could be much clearer.    (04)

Links:    (05)

[1] http://www.jfsowa.com/cg/cgexampw.htm -- Conceptual Graphs Examples
[2] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/CG.html - Conceptual Graphs & The
Semantic Web
[3] http://bit.ly/16EVFVG -- venn diagram illustrating how Identifiers,
Entity Relationships, and Relationship Semantics are related
[4] http://www.w3.org/Talks/1998/0415-Evolvability/slide12-1.htm -- Test
of Independent Invention
[5] http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/Principles.html -- Axioms of Web
Architecture (which has a section on "test of independent invention").    (06)

Regards,    (08)

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software