Re: [ontolog-forum] Architectural considerations in Ontology Development

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Alexander Titov <av_titov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 06:48:39 +0000
It might be worth to read     (01)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Track_gauge    (02)

and for those who can read in Russian about Russian gauge    (03)

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ширина_колеи;    (04)

In nutshell, that story about diversity of Russian gauge is not 100% true (in
the part of present diversity of gauges). As far as I understand, starting from
the middle of the 19th century all Russian (including Finland and Baltic
countries) railroad gauge was 1524mm. All German modifications during the WWII
were replaced back during the war (1944, 1945) or immediately after it. During
1970 - 1990 the gauge for the whole USSR territory was changed to 1520mm. There
are only few exceptions for railroads near western borders of the former USSR
(eg. near towns Kaliningrad, Chop, etc.) - some roads have both gauges, some
Russian and Ukraine roads have European gauge, and some roads in Slovakia and
Poland have Russian gauge. At this moment about 17% of all world railroads have
1520mm track gauge.    (05)

Alex    (06)

On 19 Feb 2013, at 04:29, "Barkmeyer, Edward J" <edward.barkmeyer@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:    (07)