[ontolog-forum] Part-whole and subsumption

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Richard Dapoigny <richard.dapoigny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 12:39:07 +0100
Hi all,
I have basic some question about part-whole and subsumption for
conceptual modeling with ontologies.    (01)

Usually, the most foundational theories to express relations between
concepts are subsumption and part-whole.
When one use only subsumption, we are ascribed to introduce associations
with arity since properties are not always
rigid.
Alternatively, when one use only part-whole relations, arity is provided
within the theory using rules.
Is it possible to avoid arity-based associations if one use both
part-whole and subsumption?
Richard    (02)

--
And the wounded skies above say