[ontolog-forum] (Controlled) Natural Languages Ontology Language

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Edmon Begoli <ebegoli@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 18:42:30 -0500
Dear Colleagues,    (01)

I am exploring use of Controlled Natural Language as Ontology Language.
I am familiar with Attempto (ACE) that seems pretty active and PENG
(Processable English).    (02)

I am also somewhat familiar with Common Logic Controlled English.    (03)

My criteria, in addition to typical criteria for Ontology language, is
to choose CNL
that has an editor that can support on demand interpretation of terms
and integration
with upper ontology. Some form of demonstrable translator would also be nice.    (04)

Does anyone have a solid recommendation or a pointer to a good, recent
literature review.
Most recent literature review I referenced was from Kuhn's
dissertation and his evaluation framework:    (05)

http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/pubs/papers/cnl2009main_kuhn.pdf
http://attempto.ifi.uzh.ch/site/pubs/papers/doctoral_thesis_kuhn.pdf    (06)

Thank you,
Edmon    (07)