[ontolog-forum] Bringing ontologies into mainstream IT

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 11:29:27 -0500
In the thread on Webby Objects, there was some discussion about ways
to broaden the scope of the Semantic Web.  But I believe that Ontolog
Forum should focus on a broader topic that includes not just the W3C
but all topics related to using ontologies in mainstream IT.  That
would include Schema.org and other ontology projects that are not
specifically considered W3C activities.    (01)

One suggestion was to make that the theme of the April conference
at NIST.  If we need some funding to support such a conference, we
might consider the following offer from the AI Journal.  They have
175,000 euros that they want to spread around.    (02)

John    (03)