[ontolog-forum] what's appropriate [was - Re: Ontology-driven software f

To: rwheeler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 15:33:19 -0800
> [RW] ... I certainly do not want to see the forum become
> a pitchman's paradise.    (01)

I am totally with you, Ron. That's exactly why    (02)

- talking about proprietary stuff is an exception, rather than a
routine here, and    (03)

- we do draw a distinction between people discussing those things as a
matter of technical interest, versus people pitching their own stuff    (04)

(... as for the latter, we even have contribution policies that
discourage those behavior too - see guidelines at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidLMK )    (05)

Regards. =ppy