[ontolog-forum] RIP Rob Raskin, 1957-2012

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 13:26:22 -0800
Dear All,    (01)

Rob Raskin of NASA/JPL, a long time contributor to our domain and to
the Ontolog community, has just passed away last evening.    (02)

Dr. Raskin is known to us particularly for having developed the
ontology he called SWEET  (Semantic Web for Earth and Environmental
Terminology). He has on multiple occasions presented at and
collaborated with us at Ontolog on initiatives like  OKMDS, OOR,
OntologySummit, UoM, QUOMOS.
(Ref.: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RobRaskin )    (03)

Our heart goes out to his family and all who near and dear to him.    (04)

This is a great loss to the field of Earth Science, Ontology and
Semantics, and other areas that Rob has made significant contributions
to. He will be missed, but his work will continue to be among us.    (05)

Very sincerely. =ppy
Peter Yim
Co-convener, ONTOLOG