[ontolog-forum] Request for help with evaluation of OWL verbalisations.

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Alan Rector <rector@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 16:16:29 +0000

Colleagues

Please help out with a few minutes of your time to fill in a short evaluation on work on verbalising OWL ontologies, in this case with specific respect to SNOMED.

REQUEST

Unlocking OWL Ontologies

Ontologies, even when presented in the more user-friendly Manchester OWL syntax (the one used in Protégé), can be impenetrable to the uninitiated. To address this problem, we have developed a system (named OntoVerbal) that automatically translates an OWL ontology into natural language text. We would be most grateful if you would to help us test the system by participating in a short (20 min) experiment that involves reading 10 such texts and translating them back into the corresponding OWL.

Please click on the link below for further details and instructions:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/G7HZ25P

All participants will be entered into a prize draw for Amazon vouchers:

* 1st Prize: £50 ($80)
* 2nd Prize: £30 ($50)
* 3rd Prize: £20 ($30)

*** Please circulate this request to anyone you think may be interested ***

Alan Rector
Professor of Medical Informatics
School of Computer Science
University of Manchester