[ontolog-forum] Proceedings: OntologySummit2012 (Pre-Launch) Community I

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 21:34:58 -0800
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_12_08    (01)

Our 2012 Ontology Summit pre-launch community brainstorm session
yesterday was well attended. The high energy discussion generated a lot
of valuable input. The theme for the upcoming summit has emerged - it
will be OntologySummit2012: "Ontology for Big Systems" - when we will
be expecting the community to spend three quality months, joining
forces with the system engineering folks, to understand the challenges
and bring value with ontology-based solutions to large scale systems,
characterized by huge, complex, heterogeneous, distributed components
and data.    (02)

Full proceedings of this community input and planning session - the
slides, in-session messaging transcript, as well as full audio
recording (mp3) of the meeting - are now available in the archives,
and can be accessed from our session page under:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_12_08#nid3078    (03)

Please make a note that Ontology Summit 2012 "Launch Event" is
scheduled for Thursday 12-Jan-2012 (starting 9:30am PST / 12:30pm EST
/ 6:30pm CET / 17:30 UTC.) Details will be available on the developing
session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2012_01_12 ...
please mark you calendars!    (04)

Please spread the word and help get those who are interested and will
add value to the discourse, to sign up on our mailing list at:

Once again, a huge THANK YOU should go to each and every individual
who participated and contributed at the session yesterday!    (06)

Thanks & regards. =ppy    (07)

Session Co-chairs,
Steve Ray & Peter Yim    (08)

On behalf of the Ontology Summit Organizing Committee