[ontolog-forum] Kick-off session of the Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologi

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 14:06:27 -0700
Re: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2011_10_20    (01)

... (RSVP now if you haven't already!)    (02)

= REMINDER =    (03)

Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series:
session-1 - Tue 2011_10_20    (04)

Topic: Introducing the ISO/WD 17347 "OntoIOp"    (05)

Co-chairs: Professor John Bateman (Bremen University) & Professor
Michael Gruninger (University of Toronto)    (06)

Presentations by: the Co-chairs; Professor Sue Ellen Wright (ISO/TC37
Chair);  Professor Dr. Till Mossakowski, Dr. Oliver Kutz and Dr.
Christoph Lange    (07)

The Joint IAOA-OOR-Ontolog "Ontologies and Standards" mini-series,
co-championed by Professor MichaelGruninger (University of Toronto)
and Professor JohnBateman (Bremen University), is kicking-off
tomorrow.    (08)

OntoIOp (ISO NP 17347) is a new standards project that is designed to
achieve ontology integration and interoperability. It proposes the
Distributed Ontology Language (DOL) for distributed knowledge
representation across multiple ontologies, particularly ontologies
that have been formalized in different ontology languages. In
particular, it supports heterogeneous ontologies that combine parts
written in different languages; links between distributed and
heterogeneous ontologies and ontology modules; annotation and
documentation of ontologies, links between ontologies, entities, and
axioms; and translations between different ontology languages. This
standard is being developed by ISO/TC37/SC3/WG3.    (09)

An overview and the roadmap for the OntoIOp project will be presented.
This session will provide an opportunity for work group members and
the community to discuss OntoIOp's relationships to other related
standards, as well as to other ontology languages and initiatives.    (010)