[ontolog-forum] Ontology, Epistemology, Phenomenology

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Marcelino Sente <zaratruta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:13:10 -0300
During the development of knowledge-based systems, in the scope of artificial intelligence, I have the impression that we are faced with questions of several natures. I think that some of these issues can be targeted in these three scopes: ontology, epistemology and phenomenology.

What is the competence of each of these scopes? How these scopes are related? Are there confusions of epistemological and phenomenological contents, which are treated within what we call ontology?

Artificial intelligence systems that deal with the direct perception of the world should not deal with phenomenological aspects?

Systems that seek to automate problem-solving processes in certain areas, do not have to deal with epistemological issues?