[ontolog-forum] Semantic Information Modeling for Federation Update.

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Serge.Valera@xxxxxxx
From: "Cory Casanave" <cory-c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 11:49:17 -0400

The ontology community may be interested in the progress of the “Information Modeling for Federation” RFP being formed in the OMG architecture ecosystem SIG.  Participation of the ontology community is welcome.  If you are interested in participating please let me know.

This can be thought of as “semantics for the masses”, targeted to  information modeling, federation and sharing goals.  It is a first step to an a semantically sound architectural ecosystem.  This is by no means a “done deal” in OMG as it challenges some sacred cows.

The revised ISMF RFP can be found here:

http://www.omgwiki.org/architecture-ecosystem/doku.php?id=semantic_information_modeling_for_federation_rfp

Meeting information is below.

Regards,