Re: [ontolog-forum] [oor-forum] ontology repositories

To: Alexander Garcia Castro <alexgarciac@xxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:35:12 -0400

Great!

Thanks,

Leo

From: Alexander Garcia Castro [mailto:alexgarciac@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:45 PM
To: [ontolog-forum]
Cc: Obrst, Leo J.
Subject: Re: [ontolog-forum] [oor-forum] ontology repositories

Just did Leo.

Regards.

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:41 PM, Obrst, Leo J. <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Alexander Garcia,

You might want to respond to a recent request from Dieter Fensel on the semantic-web-request@xxxxxx list on “data schema / vocabulary / ontology / repositories”.

Here was my response:

-----Original Message-----
From: oor-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:oor-forum-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Obrst, Leo J.
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2011 7:24 PM
To: Dieter Fensel; Linked Data community; semantic-web; OpenOntologyRepository-discussion
Subject: Re: [oor-forum] data schema / vocabulary / ontology / repositories

Dieter,

There are many vocabulary/ontology repository efforts currently, though not just for linked data. You might look at BioPortal, for the biomedical community: http://www.bioontology.org/bioportal. There is the Open Ontology Repository (OOR), which is still emerging: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OpenOntologyRepository, and a number of other mostly early ontology repositories, most of which have briefed at the OOR sessions.

Thanks,

Leo