Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Re: Using controlled na

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 20:13:15 +0000 (GMT)
JOHN,
my appologies for overflowing on my input and sending the wrong output :-))
Please accept my appologies form assuming. Assume makes me and u and me an as -
they say in England    (01)

JS I said there is no *ideal* upper level.  But there is an infinity of
*possible* upper levels.
How come (By the way, you sound to me a typical DAC person - Divide and
Conquer,
as most of your statements are the denial of the quantity of one and asserting
the quantity of many)    (02)

Semantically speaking levels are discrete units, upper means a direction,
whereever upper is defined to show. Now you claim that there is no ideal upper
level (a discrete point, but many) along that line of levels, sugesting that
they tend to have an infinite end pointing upwards, which is fine with me.
Ideal
means - non existing, which is all very well again. But the objects that are to
be represented do exist (to our perception), none the less the signs we use to
denote such objects which also exist, moreover the storage spaces weher we
allocate them regardless of theri meanong also exist in sapcetime - so what are
we talking about? Ontology that is the invetroy of the things that exists, or
irrational numebrs that do9 not exist?
I am not going into the rest, this should be sufficent food for thought    (03)

Regards,
Ferenc
"our attention becomes structured by external demands. In more intimate
encounters, the level of both challenges and skills can grow very high. Thus,
interactions have many of the characteristics of flow activities, and they
certainly require the orderly investment of mental energy. The strong effects
of     (04)

companionship on the quality of experience suggest that investing energy in
relationships is a good way to improve life." Mihály
Csíkszentmihályi"http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199707/finding-flow?page=3    (05)