Re: [ontolog-forum] Fwd: Re: Using controlled natural languages forontol

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 16:35:28 +0000 (GMT)
Hi,
You seem to forget what the current notion of ontology as used in AI and then
in
various domains of computer applications, including databases started its
carreer by replacing classification systems in IT, which have their problems
now
as too many relations have led to too many properties and new nomenclatures
that
have never been harmonised and/or rethought to get rid of archaic metaphors
such
as the family trees and the pyramids, etc. or the curse of categorical
syllogisms as a substitute of logic along deduction, etc. and not understanding
the paradox of square root "a" of a square being not equal to r of a circle.
So the term was snatched and made ambiguous by retaining its original meaning
of
being the inventorry of what exists. And what exists is not separated as
reality
and fiction, real numbers and imaginary numbers are treated as if they were the
parts of a broader reality, etc. represnetations of nothing have grwon from
zero
to complex networks while making fun of those whose thinking is down to aerthe,
yet are cabale of abstraction and even capable of explaining how mental
operatios produce concepts, etc. that come from pre-language knowledge, which
is
a necessary condition in making semantic analysis, which was snatched from
lingusitcis and pragmatics to reduce it to Boolean lagebra, as if no other
algebra was availabel for analysis of reality - in a non invasive way.
I stop here, becasue I get heated :-)) and I do not want flares and a bushfire,
as my stragegy is flow, behave like water
Cheers guys
      (01)

Regards,
Ferenc
"our attention becomes structured by external demands. In more intimate
encounters, the level of both challenges and skills can grow very high. Thus,
interactions have many of the characteristics of flow activities, and they
certainly require the orderly investment of mental energy. The strong effects
of     (02)

companionship on the quality of experience suggest that investing energy in
relationships is a good way to improve life." Mihály
Csíkszentmihályi"http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199707/finding-flow?page=3    (03)