Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology of Rough Sets

To: <tara_athan@xxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:13:16 -0800

Hi Tara,

YES, it is starting to look like an ontology.  Can you suggest some instances and a definition, the simpler the better?

Or something to deepen the discussion.  I suggest inference over rough sets – not statistical inference, but how rough sets combine with crisp and rough alike.

When two linear signals are added, with both independently noisy at the same noise energy,  adding them cancels 3db of energy from the noise in the sum by signal averaging.  So arrays of noisy sensors can be integrated at that level.

But what happens to algebraic expressions mixing rough and crisp sets in calculations?  Does it result in biases that can be worked with?

Thanks for the enlightenment,

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper