Re: [ontolog-forum] Modeling a money transferring scenario

To: <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 11:34:29 -0800
Thanks Chris,    (01)

I have always used the term "fungible" to mean easily exchangeable.  That
is, there is a legal structure within which it can be traded.  In that
sense, real estate is fungible to the extent that it can be financed, sold,
and traded for other real estate.      (02)

Yes, trading sometimes happens when a young owner of a small property trades
her equity as a down payment for purchasing the larger property.  The young
person moving up has grown equity through appreciation and offers it to the
old owner who is staging her conversion of capital gains to trade down for
smaller properties and spendable cash for her equity.      (03)

I can see from this discussion that ontological considerations about
financial transactions seem to add engineering time (therefore cost) to any
software which present handles transactions in the usual databased
relational way.  If the subject is that ontologically complex, perhaps it
should be avoided in favor of something more ontologically simple.  At least
for the first seven discussions or so.      (04)

-Rich    (05)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper
EnglishLogicKernel.com