Re: [ontolog-forum] Food for thought re: OOR-IPR session-1: The IPR Land

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 07:18:50 -0700
Wonderful, Joel! ... thank you for sharing the links.    (01)

Glad you are jump-starting the conversation. We meant to open up the
dialog to the community after today's session when our expert panel is
expected to give us an exposition on the relevant IPR (Intellectual
property Rights) regimes that matter to us -- to the Open Ontology
Repository initiative in particular, but to Ontology in general as
well.    (02)

IPR and how they are managed will be crucial. Over the course of this
upcoming mini-series and subsequent actions and events, we will be
addressing a very important set of issues, that really have to be
cleared, before the world can realize the full potential of open
ontology repositories or even that of ontology and semantic
technologies.    (03)

Besides having assembled a panel of top experts in open IPR, we are
most excited to that Dr. George Strawn, Director of the (US) National
Coordination Office for Networking and Information Technology R&D (who
reports to the White House Office of Science and technology Policy)
will be joining us as our keynote speaker and help kick-off this
OOR-IPR mini-series at its opening session today. ... you don't want
to miss this!    (04)

By the way, for those of you who haven't yet registered, please do so
now (add yourself to the wiki session page or email me offline to
register your attendance). ... Ref. session details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_09_09    (05)

Regards.  =ppy