[ontolog-forum] triangle debate

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:57:11 +0000 (GMT)
Dear Rick,

 I like your triangle diagram. We are nearly on the same wavelength. David asked: Why does 'dynamic information processing in the brain' = 'made up of signs'?

We both can answer him: because as it is clear from computers you need operations/instructions to work on signs/data

And you point out rightly that the nodes in the diagram are connected by actions. The issue is whethee you cen get the best core ontology categories right. With objects, properties and relations you are home.And if you have the right sort of mental operations then the model will work. But as lomng as you see induction, deuction and abduction in the centre, you will not find those operations. by the way no syllogism could work without thre apriori knowledge of a relation between M and S, which have another way of representation and then you get a better picture of the die-hard scenery.

Cheers,

Ferenc