Re: [ontolog-forum] SemTech trip report?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:11:10 -0700
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 7:49 AM, John F. Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 6/28/2010 7:34 PM, David Eddy wrote:
>> Any useful comments/observations from last week's SemTech conference?
>
> There were a fair number of subscribers to Ontolog Forum who attended
> and/or presented talks at the conference.  After the conference, I
> updated the slides for my tutorial to clarify some points in response
> to various questions:
>
>    http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/iss.pdf
>    Integrating Semantic Systems
>
> I would encourage other people who participated in the conference
> to send in their observations and/or pointers to their slides.
>
> John Sowa    (01)

Thanks, John.    (02)

Mike Dean, Todd Schneider and I presented on the Open Ontology
Repository Initiative (with the presentation co-authored by Ken
Baclawski, Mike Dean, Todd Schneider and Peter Yim) entitled "Finding
a Good Ontology: The Open Ontology Repository Initiative."    (03)

The talk was well received. We had an engaging Q&A segment and more
dialog with the participants right after the session.    (04)

The slides are now online
at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/OOR/OOR_presentations_publications/OOR-SemTech_Jun2010.pdf    (05)

We would like to thank the entire OOR team and all those who had
contributed to the OOR effort and the content in this presentation.    (06)

Best regards.  =ppy