[ontolog-forum] Fwd: Proceedings: Ontolog Panel Discussion: Advancing th

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:03:34 -0800
Fyi ...    (01)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Subject: Proceedings: Ontolog Panel Discussion: Advancing the
UoM_Ontology_Standard work to OASIS - Thu 2009.11.19
To: uom-ontology-std <uom-ontology-std@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    (02)

The virtual UoM_Ontology_Standard community session went well
yesterday. Chaired by Dr. Frank Olken (NSF), the bulk of the session
was committed to finalizing the preparation for a proposal to form the
OASIS "Quantities and Units of Measure Ontology Standard (QUOMOS)"
Technical Committee. The UoM_Ontology_Standard editors/champions - Mr.
Ed Barkmeyer (NIST), Mr. David Leal (CAESAR), Dr. Rob Raskin
(NASA/JPL) in absentia, Dr. James Masters (Top Quadrant), Mr.
Hans-Peter de Koning (ESA/ESTEC) and Dr. Pat Hayes (IHMC)  - and
participants at the session also took time to discuss some of the more
sticky technical issues, and reviewed the status of the standard
drafting work.    (03)

Proceedings of the session, presentation material, in-session
messaging transcript, as well as full audio recording (mp3) of the
meeting are now available in the archives, and can be accessed from
our session page at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?UoM_Ontology_Standard/ConferenceCall_2009_11_19    (04)

A huge THANK YOU should go to Mr. Howard Mason (BAE; ISO), who, with
contributions from Mr. Ed Barkmeyer's (NIST) and others, pulled
together the final draft of the QUOMOS TC Charter. Our appreciations
go out, as well, to Mr. James Bryce Clark (OASIS) who was at hand to
provide guidance in the preparation process. As usual, thanks should
go to all the participants at the session, especially to those who
shared their work, insight and expert advice.    (05)

The draft TC Charter has since been updated and finalized by Howard,
and our proposal (to form the QUOMOS TC) has now been submitted to the
OASIS.    (06)

While the draft will still be reiterated the next few days, we still
need your commitments to participate in the QUOMOS TC work [1], if you
weren't able to provide your formal commitment statements to Howard by
yesterday. Please continue to do so and get that over to him as
quickly as possible.    (07)

Kindly mark you calendars (usual Ontolog time slot) for:    (08)

(a)  Thu 7-Jan-2010 - we shall have another community session to
update the technical, as well as administrative development of the
UoM_Ontology_Standard / QUOMOS TC formation work, and    (09)

(b) Thu 21-Jan-2010 - (if all goes well) we are aiming to have the
First Meeting of the OASIS QUOMOS TC (a conference call, again) that
day.    (010)

... watch out for final announcements and confirmed dates for these sessions.    (011)

Regards.  =ppy    (012)

for the UoM_Ontology_Standard coordination group
 EdBarkmeyer, JoelBender, JamieClark,
 PatHayes, HansPeter_de_Koning,
 DavidLeal, HowardMason, ChipMasters,
 FrankOlken, DavidPrice, RobRaskin,
 SteveRay, GuntherSchadow, PeterYim,    (013)

P.S.  [1]  according to the OASIS process ... what's needed is:
//
(2)(e) For each OASIS Organizational Member listed in (2)(d), the
name, electronic mail address, membership affiliation, and statement
of support for the proposed Charter from the Primary Representative.
//
ref. under:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/process-2009-07-30.php#formation    (014)

... other than Organizational Members, please provide your statement
of support, your name, email address, and OASIS membership status (or
even a statement of your intent to join OASIS, if you aren't already
an OASIS member).
--    (015)