Re: [ontolog-forum] Just What Is an Ontology, Anyway?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:29:49 +0100
Maybe a bit too late to change it isnt it? (I take it that Tom Gruber and yourself did not share a mailing list twenty years ago?) LOL

I recently attended a seminar held by Prof., Dr Dines Bjørner,  Emeritus, he presented his work
as 'domain engineering' and resembles very much what we have come to practice as
'ontology engineering' after Gruber.

I would hate to do this, but it looks like conceptual analysis per se (afaik) does not necessarily model
vocabularies, does it - and what about relations-semantics

from what I see, conceptual analysis is a subset of ont-domain eng

PDM