Re: [ontolog-forum] History of AI and Commercial Data Processing

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 13:50:19 -0400
Adrian,    (01)

There are many good AI programs that are integrated with commercial
applications.  But note the adjective 'dominated' in my statement:    (02)

JFS>> AI is dominated by brilliant people who are totally out of touch
 >> with anything and everything that goes on in the field of commercial
 >> data processing.    (03)

AW> I believe that you may want to allow that the Internet Business
 > Logic system [1] is a significant bridge between AI research and
 > commercial data processing.    (04)

Yes, it's a fine system, and there are many others that also bridge
the gap.  But none of them, even collectively, come lose to dominating
the AI approaches.    (05)