Re: [ontolog-forum] "Amy Winehouse is the apotheosis and nadir of post-m

To: "Ontolog-Forum-Bounces" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sean Barker" <sean.barker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 16:35:24 +0100
John,    (01)

        Thanks again for you background on KB and databases. I got into this
area
through considerations of exchanging geometry. The logic side came from an
attempt to formalise computation geometry, which, since the floating point
numbers are not a metric space, turns out to be somewhat harder than
anticipated, In particular, I started looking at points through the
classification functions expressed in fuzzy logic, the values then being
quatizated to a three valued logic isomorphic to the propositional logic in
the logic(s) of partial functions. Consequently, databases were not
originally part of what I did, and are still relatively peripheral.    (02)

        In the context of this thread, I might observe that with this background
knowledge, I look at the 3D/4D discussion as involving a lot of unstated
assumptions, and that therefore the answer is not 3D or 4D, but depends on
quite a number of other purely mathematical considerations, such as whether
one uses a homogenious co-ordinate system.    (03)

Sean Barker
Bristol, UK    (04)

p.s. This week Ill be busy with long term data retention - don't even
mention semantic drift.    (05)